SpeakEasy Telephone Interpreting is a service we provide when an interpreter is needed over the phone instead of in person.
Telephone interpreting, also known as over-the-phone interpreting (OPI), is especially useful when the interpreter is needed for a short period of time, such as for a medical appointment or to communicate overseas by telephone.
SpeakEasy offers on-call access to telephone interpreters in over 240 languages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Benefits of Using the SpeakEasy Telephone Interpreting System
- Support for non-English speakers
- Increase customer retention, loyalty, and trust
- Decrease the time spent on customer service interactions with non-English speakers
- Gain new customers
- Reduce un-serviced requests due to language barriers
- Sharpen service and support efficiency in handling requests by non-English speakers
- Lower overhead associated with using or hiring in-house bilingual staff
- Improve enterprise-wide communications
Advantages of Using the SpeakEasy Telephone Interpreting System
Instant access, 24/7, to over 240 languages supported by over 3,500 professional over-the-phone interpreters within an average connect time of 30 seconds.
We are proud of the high quality and professionalism of our interpreters, who are skilled, educated, native speakers, certified by industry-recognized organizations.
Our telephone interpreters are trained in medical, legal, insurance, and technical terminology.
Each interpreter is bound by a confidentiality agreement to ensure client privacy.
Pay Only for What You Use
You pay only for the minutes you use. No set-up, monthly, or minimum fees. All accounts are billed monthly.
World-Class Customer Care
A customer care representative is accessible to assist you anytime.
Easy 4-step process to access an interpreter:
- Initiate call to our SpeakEasy toll-free number
- Enter your account number
- Select the language you require
- Enter your PIN
- Once connected with the interpreter, place conference call to the limited English speaker
Please contact us if you would like to open a SpeakEasy Telephone Interpreting account. For user documentation about SpeakEasy click here.